Friday, March 31, 2006

Toledo-6 Syracuse-4

We won our first game at the National tournament. We beat Syracuse in a wild, come from behind thriller. Our team led 1-0 after one period of play. In the second period, we completely fell apart in the first ten minutes, giving up three goals to fall behind 3-1... Just when all seemed lost, we got a goal in the middle of the period to pull to within one. And then it started... we scored again to tie things up at three. And all of a sudden, BAM! Three goals in the last four minutes of the period to take a 6-3 lead... Syracuse got a goal in the final period to make it close, but Toledo held on for a 6-4 victory... Game two of the round-robin portion of the tournament is on Saturday at 4pm ET when the Cherokee play the Connecticut Wolves, who got drilled by Twin Cities (MN) tonight... I feel really good. I got in from the road yesterday in the morning and kept going till after practice here in Philly.... then after a quick bite, I went to sleep and slept till just before midnight, typed my previous entry, and went right back to sleep. I slept in this morning till late. I grabbed some breakfast with the team, came back to the hotel and got ready, and went to the arena. we were all on pins and needles as we awaited the start of things... I'm going to bed. Alot of the family and fans that came out to Philadelphia with us want to go grab some beers and party... Me, I'm going to bed. I don't want to wake up with a trash can headache. I'm not here to drink and party, I'm here because I want to win THE RING!!! Talk to everyone tomorrow... Peace y'all...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great game!

Unknown said...

Finally blogger let's me comment :)

Well the beat the Cuse and I see from my e-mail they won again! That is so awesome mik. Maybe I'll finally be home to listen tomorrow.........hopefully :)