Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Wrong Number...

Don't think I can't laugh at myself? How's this for a 'it could only happen to Mik' I'm in the bathroom blowing my nose, still trying to shake off the effects of this cold/sore throat that I've been dealing with... I blow my nose so physically hard that my cell phone falls out of my hooded sweatshirt and falls into and down the toilet... How about them apples? It happened so fast, my eyes had no time to get big with the shock of what happened... No but(t)s about it... I still am stunned thinking about it... At first, I was very upset. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that nothing I did could change what happened. So again, I faced a choice. Either I could let something so silly dictate my mood. Or, I could laugh at it and even though I don't have money to be buying new cell phones whenever I want, I would be okay and get another phone and just relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. I chose the latter and I'm doing much better. I wanted to be upset but since I was by myself, there was no one to be angry at... So I closed my eyes and thought about God and saying 'okay, I'm letting go of my anger and letting you deal with it.' I couldn't let go and take it back when I wanted to have a pity party. I had to let it go... completely... end of story... the end. Well, after that, I'm feeling okay. My change of mind allowed me to let God change my heart. I'm still smarting over losing my cell phone. But I am at peace, I'm in control, and I am happy. I am now broke, but I am happy...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have just given me even more ammunition as to why guys should ALWAYS put the seat down! Oh, Mik! I don't know whether to laugh with you or cry with you! What a story. Hope your feeling much better now :)

Unknown said...

This was a freak thing that's for sure but I am the crowned gueen of freak incidents, just ask my mom. lol But aside from the hassle it caused you I think it was good. It allowed you an opportunity to totally rely on God. So few of us would have got it right but you did :)

Maggs said...

I don't mean to laugh but that was funny!

You could be like a mom and leak urine when you cough, sneeze, blow your nose, EXIST.

Mik said...

It's okay to laugh Maggs, after initially being upset, I found myself laughing too. Something so wacky deserves a little laughter... JXN, people around me have what is known as the 'mik factor' because things that defy reasonable explanation, happen to me... it's nice to know that I'm not alone...