Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Amongst The Living...

Took another day off from work today... My vocal chords are much improved but still pretty sore. The cold has settled into my lungs so I'm feeling a bit ornery on the physical side. I'm resting my voice because I have to broadcast the Cherokee playoff opener on Friday night. It's being televised locally and after two years the TV station has FINALLY given me the opportunity to broadcast my own team's game... Previously, they would assign another broadcast team to do the Cherokee game. They didn't want me to do both the TV and internet audio portion of the game (I'm contractually obligated to do the internet audio... which I love). However, there's someone new assigning the broadcasters to the games that BCSN will cover so they gave me this game since they haven't covered the Cherokee all season. So I'm doing what I can to save my voice for Friday night. My fingers have been doing most of my talking all week... I know it's only Tuesday but work with me here, ok?
Sitting here at home, I've been going a bit stir crazy. The weather outside has been one huge wind bag... literally. We've been hit with 40-50mph (80kph) winds around the clock over the last two days. Even when the sun has been shining, the wind chill has dipped well below freezing. Thank God I've got XM radio (a Christmas gift from my best friend) to listen to... Of course being a media type, I listen to a lot of radio on the net. But when I want to give my computer a break, then it's XM all the way baby!

4 comments:

Saima said...

Hope your voice will be okay!

Unknown said...

Wow, cool! On TV huh? I hope they win :) I'm 1/6 th Cherokee Indian so GO CHEROKEE!

Mik said...

Yeah, we have a station in NW Ohio and SE Michigan that is the only one of it's kind in the country. A 24 hour, 7 day a week sports station dedicated soley to local sports... lots of high school and local college sports... all different sports... football, baseball, basketball, hockey, volleyball, lacrosse, soccer, etc... it's wacky. You can still tune into the audio portion of friday's game... if you want directions, just email me ( mikg@beer.com ) and I'll give you directions... have a good day...

Maggs said...

Oh Mik, I'm sorry I haven't been around. I hope you're starting to feel better.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You really keep me going...