Tuesday, March 28, 2006

The Road Awaits...

I'm tired and I feel like I'm out of gas... and then I think about what tomorrow brings... the road to Philadelphia begins. Then a smile sneaks from my lips and I can barely contain myself. Emotionally I've never been more nervous. The butterflies in my stomach keep me from falling asleep when I should be getting more rest. But it's worth it to me. I can't help it. I'm more nervous than a crack addict in a police line-up... Not that I've been a police line-up or on crack... but you get the sentiment... By the way, we got back to Toledo from St. Louis, yesterday at sunrise... I came home, took a shower, put in a load of laundry, ate, and went to work... Last night right after work, I went to Charlie's for a bite, and then went to the TV studio to tape a sports show interview that featured the coaching staff of the hockey team. It was meant to feature the Cherokee in a four minute segment and the march to nationals... So what is the first thing that Coaches Varga, Tarsha, and Kinsella start talking with Tom, the show host? The team... no. The players?... no. The tournament?... no. Nope, those dorks open with comments about me!!! They knew that I didn't want them to talk about me even though I work for the station... And yet... the wiseacres... They love to see me go nuts when it comes to media stuff. It was a love fest but to me, the most important thing was to talk about themselves and the team and it's accomplishments. It was a lot of fun but I was a tired puppy. I came home and try as I might, I couldn't fall asleep. So instead, I went on the ol' computer and talked to some friends (always worthwhile) and listened to some hockey games online... Work today was long and hard with me fighting to stay awake. Tonight, I did a little shopping for the Philly trip and came home to get some sleep... Of course I started playing with the computer to get it ready for Philadelphia. Of course, it decided to have a mind of it's own and I spent 3 hours getting nothing accomplished. Oh the hell with it... I'm going to bed... But tomorrow... PHILLY AWAITS!!!! I can't even stay in a bad mood long enough to write how beat I am... TO THE NATIONALS JEEVES!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your team's hard fought victory! As for getting some rest-here's a small piece of 'advice': shut your dang computer off and just go to bed!!
Of course...I'm not one to take really good advice, either...

Saima said...

Riccie took the words out of my mouth.

Take care!

Unknown said...

I hope to be listening Friday mik:)