Thursday, March 16, 2006

(Weiner) Doggin' It...

Oh my,I am as beat as could be. I slept in this morning... got plenty of rest but since today was a scheduled day off, I went back to work for a few minutes so I could update my boss on what was going on with me, etc., and semi-jokingly to make sure my job was still there. The people in my department were very happy to see me. That was heartwarming. I did a couple of things there and also ran into my 'groupie'. I haven't tried to get ahold of her nor her of me. She looked at me with some distant far away eyes. I know that look. It's a look of 'mik, you hurt me.' But like I said before: 1) you're waaaaay to young and 2) even more important, you have a boyfriend... so I was polite, made some small talk, and cracked a joke to make her smile and I left her on a good note...I came back home and watched a little basketball... it was very entertaining and basketball isn't even my favorite sport...I'm in March Madness mode... Tomorrow is game one of the playoffs for the Cherokee... Nervous? Ohhhh don't you know it. My stomach is in knots. We're playing the Lakeland Metro Jets. We didn't beat them during the regular season. Better to lose then and win now instead of vice versa... Man, that's all I can think about. My co-workers were asking me if I was nervous about doing the game on TV locally. I actually forgot and haven't given it a single thought. I don't get nervous in front of the camera, I just 1) don't want to screw up on the broadcast and 2) am much more concerned with Toledo getting the win.I spent the rest of the evening running some errands and then stopping over at my sister and brother-in-law's house. My bro-in-law was working but my kid sister was home with the boys... and my dog. Well, I guess she's their dog now... She was originally my dog, but when they lost theirs and I was on the road so much that the dog was by herself, I figured that they could 'babysit' my 'Penney', and then I could take her back after the season. Well, what I was afraid would happen, did. They all got attached to her... Penney is a full blooded Mini-daschund... She's my lil weiner dog... so I tell them that she's still 'my' dog. But that they can keep her over there. I went there tonight and when Penney saw me, she went crazy, jumping up and down and when I sat down, she jumped up and was licking my face for 30minutes straight... I was giving my baby hugs and kisses and just spoiling her rotten. My sister looks at me and cracks "should I leave you two alone?" My family is twisted that way. When I left, it was such sweet sorrow (tougher to say c'ya to Penney than it was to my sister and her kids... only kidding). But my goofball sister kept making references to me having a conjugal visit with 'my' dog... Only sisters can crack on you like that... Soooo, I come home and it's very late and I'm going back to work Friday... Enjoy St. Patty's everyone.... whew! I am beat...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

"groupie" lol I missed the story on that one.

awww dogs there is truly nothing better :)

I may page ya later.

Saima said...

You might need a dog now but It's good to know she's looked after and loved. I had a dog once. Had to leave him to my parents when I got a baby. But he had been so important to me for many many years. Sometimes you have to part with those who are so close. Too often...nearly all the time...

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jackson..."groupie" LOL! I have a chihuahua. Komando is barely 5 pounds but thinks he's a rottweiller. No one has the courage to tell him any better. Nothing like the love of a dog!