Friday, March 24, 2006

David Slays Goliath

Yessss,
I have such a sense of satisfaction right now. I can't even begin to put it into words. The Cherokee went into last night's game against St. Louis as huge underdogs. We lost every game we played against them this season. They are the 2 time defending National Champions. I was hoping for a close game at best... If we only lost by 2 or 1, I could somehow deal with that. We could still qualify for Nationals. If we only won the goal differential, we could make it. We could lose against a national powerhouse and still qualify... Well, our two biggest rivals in this tournament BOTH LOST! Cleveland whipped Motor City 5-2 and we shocked the entire junior hockey world, by defeating St. Louis by a 4-2 score on Thursday night. Previously during the regular season, St. Louis lost only one time. All year, they only lost once to Grand Rapids a team that did not make the playoffs... So yes, anything is possible. But wow, to beat St. Louis, the best team in the nation... in their own building... wow, I'm still stunned. Now we have to beat Cleveland tonight and Motor City tomorrow, and we are Philadelphia bound... (heading for Nationals)... We beat St. Louis... what an upset!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys ROCK!!!

Tony Grant said...

Good luck against Motown, their great you know, But glad to see you on a high!!

Unknown said...

Yay! They got a lot of heart. Kinda reminds me of KY in 98. I wish I could listen tonight but my 2 best girlfriends are coming over. I will be pulling for ya though :)