Monday, March 13, 2006

I Have a Pulse...

I took today off from work. I lost my voice over the weekend and my throat feels like someone took a cheese grater to it... I had my voice start to go during my game broadcasts. I managed to finish the games but it hurt too much to even swallow liquids. I'm just toast right now... My hockey team finished in a tie for third place which is what we hoped for, but in a wonderful snafu by the Central States Hockey League, They gave Peoria the nod for the third slot and put us in the number four seed... the tie breaker between us and Peoria was head to head. We take the tie-breaker there. We played them four times and finished 2-1-1 against them. But the CSHL league commissioner in his infinite wisdom decided that we're the #4 seed. So instead of playing Cleveland, we'll be playing the Lakeland Metro Jets from East Waterford, Michigan. The Cleveland coach is angry too. Instead of bussing an hour and a half to Toledo, they have to bus about 10 hours each way to play Peoria. Metro comes down about 3 hours each way to play us instead of 11 hours each way to play Peoria, which they SHOULD be doing... What bothers me is that we haven't beat Metro this year. We've lost each time we played them. Maybe that will be the catalyst to motivate this team to rise up the occasion and be David as he slays Goliath... We'll see. I'm feeling better, but I should tell you in the interest of full disclosure... I have fallen asleep multiple times during the writing of this post... I started it at 10am this morning.. It's after 5 o'clock in the afternoon... I kept falling asleep at the computer for an hour or two at a time... I'm awake now. So I will function for the rest of the evening...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe...sorry to hear you're not feeling so hot. Hope you're feeling better soon. Are you getting enough rest at night?

Unknown said...

hope you feel better soon :) It sounds like you've aabout worn yourself out :(

Don't ya just hate it when people are in control of sports that aren't playing. I'm still mad over TN getting a 2 seed.