Sunday, March 19, 2006

Going slumming in aol journal-land...

Weekend Assignment #103: List the songs you'd play to kick a party into gear. You can choose up to five. And if you want to explain why those five, that's good too. It can of course, be any kind of music from any era -- and it can be any kind of party, too. Hey, it's your party. You're in charge of the jukebox, my friend.
Extra Credit: Name the song to play to start winding down the party.

I dunno, for a party, I'm guessing music you can dance to... I'm going to have to go with:

1 Superstition (Stevie Wonder)- You can never go wrong with Motown and this song is still listenable even today. All these years later, you can still move to it.

2. Ain't Nothin' but a House Party (J.Geils Band)- How can anyone have a party without J. Geils??? If you can't get up for Geils, just go back to bed...

3. You Shook Me All Night Long (AC/DC)- If it's good enough for sporting events

4. Dancing Burritos (Duke Tumatoe)- fans of the nationally syndicated 'Bob and Tom' show will know who this is... the song is 12 years old and if you can't move or tap your toe to this... call the minister for last rites cuz you're done!

5. Run Runaway (Slade)- Everytime I hear this song, I think of a soccer crowd in England jumping up and down. Very catchy

Slow dance song: You Are So Beautiful (Ray Charles)

5 comments:

Maggs said...

Oh Mik, some of those were pretty bad, LOL!

Unknown said...

I never even been to a REAL party so I'm just gonna remain silent on this one. lol

Anonymous said...

I don't know, Mik. I kinda like the selections! I don't get on the dance floor worried about what everyone thinks, I get on the dance floor and act silly like everyone else! I usually fit right in... :)

Mik said...

Yeah I know I'm old school... but that's cool... I know you like it loud Maggs, and to be honest, I could make a list for about every kind of party. A list for Metal, A list for techno (but I WOULDN'T), and a list for jazz, a list for Contemporary Christian. I was going for a 'general' feel... if there was a party in a park in downtown... what would the populace generally respond to? That's what I was shooting for my dear... I'd like to know your choices... And Jackson, there's no definition of REAL party. Just cause there was no liquor, or people throwing up, or some guys trying to maul a woman he's looking at through 'beer goggles', that doesn't mean that it's not a REAL party. A REAL party is when you're with friends and loved ones and laughing and enjoying yourself in whatever you're doing... A perfect example: Virgie's birthday. That birthday 'cake' looked PERFECT! And where I come from, that's a PARTY in anyone's book... :) Oh and Riccie, I can dance a little, but in the interest of keeping America safe from added trauma... I don't... :)

Unknown said...

lol hmmmmmmmmmmmm song choices for Virgie's birthday party? For Christmas she wanted a 50 Cent cd! The church got all of them presents so I was like yeah right! She had to settle for Kelly Clarkson. lol