Thursday, February 15, 2007

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow...

Digging out from a mess...

Ahhhh winter is BACK! Don't know about where you're at but here on the Ohio-Michigan border, we got tatooed pretty good. When I walked out to my car in the wee hours of yesterday morning, the snow drifts were over the hood of the front and back end and I could not see the wheels of said auto. Yip, yip, yippeeee. I finally got to work (via security dept.) about 2 hours later. With what should've only been a 20 minute ride, I got to work and sat down as we got slammed but good. Lots of people needing help with various issues that come along with a level 3 snow emergency. What that means is that non-emergency personnel were banned from driving on the streets within the county (including all cities and towns within that county). In the outlying areas, outside of Toledo, a number of roads were not passable. Accidents everywhere. Throughout the day, the roads were cleared pretty well, but ice became an equally primary concern and added to the fun and circus like atmosphere... I made it home late last night after a cozy 15 hour day to see the snow drifts (hey, it got all the way up to a warm and balmy 14 degrees) still entact and the added dimension of the snow plower having added more snow to surround my car. Oh joy, I am beyond tickled... ahhh sighhh... The easy thing would be to get hacked off, but to honest, I don't have the energy and it just isn't worth it. I walked to the pizza place next door and the carryout down the street and it was 'pizza and beer' night in chateaux Mik... One cheese pizza and one beer later, I was falling asleep in front of my computer so I turned in early. Today (a day off from work), I get to spend it digging my car out. Or as I like to refer to it as... 'my annual cardio stress test'... should be interesting

1 comment:

Riccie said...

Looks like you had a barrel of fun on your day off...and then some. By the way...are you getting a little 'Cajun' on us, Mik? Only Cajuns use the 'X'...there's a story behind that...the proper spelling is 'chateau'! LOL