Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's Thursday... Oh Yippee... zzzz...

In the proverbial words of Fat Albert: Hey, Hey, Hey!
It's another day of bitter cold here on the lake but I guess it had to get winter-like sooner or later. My little buddy Haley stopped at work to see us yesterday. I couldn't even hide my smile and giddiness. She really is a blessing to all of us. Her and I were playing 'hide and seek' and I think she even got me to do a silly dance. She wouldn't do a ballet dance move (she takes intro to ballet) and I'm like this overgrown ape just trying to do the move and she is laughing hysterically at me. Of course, everyone in the office is completely enamoured of her. So she walks out of there with tons of candy and doll stickers, etc... She had to undergo another chemo treatment today. That is pretty rough on her. But I think it is worse on everyone else because to watch a three year old girl go through this and see her with a weak smile and lose some of her hair, it is very sobering. But she still is able to have the strength to keep going. Her mom told me that she saw the lady that was going to administer the chemo and Haley ran up to her and gave her a big hug and a kiss... Like I said before, I'm just a silly fool for whining about what minor troubles or problems that I have. What I have pales in comparison to watching others. And the greatest thing is that I notice how there is no complaints, whining or any 'why me?' type attitudes. I get humbled every time I see such courage. It's more courage than I could ever hope for...

3 comments:

Riccie said...

You have an uncanny way of pointing out the obvious...things that should be easily seen by the rest of us but somehow slip on by. Thanks, Mik.

Unknown said...

awww kids are so resilent too. I know the kids at JV see such horrible things but then they just bounce right back........... but then again Virgie is a so easily scared so.........anyway this little Haley sounds like a sweetheart :)

Unknown said...

I actually signed in!!!!!! Can you believe it? :)