Thursday, February 08, 2007

Hitting the cultural rocks... Flint stones...

Just staring at a blank screen in the hope that words will somehow magically appear with some clever, witty, and totally absorbing entry. Okay, back to reality... yawn!

My throat is killing me which is like a death knell for a guy who uses his voice for a living. I have done hockey and basketball all week plus working the day job. My voice is shot. I've got to get it together cause this weekend, the hockey team heads up to Flint for the showdown for first place. Two huge games, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I am really psyched up for that. It's going to be huge and I know a LOT of people will be listening online so I hope to be ready. Fans of Cherokee hockey know that Flint will be the focal point in the CSHL this weekend. Flint as in Flint, Michigan. I'm underwelmed when it comes to thinking about the idea of having to spend a weekend in Flint, Michigan. Flint is a microcosm of Detroit, only more depressing. Flint is devoid of any real culture... unless you consider breaking into a hotel room to catch your boyfriend 'in the act' a real cultural experience. That actually happened last time we were up in Flint. Some local woman tried climbing into some person's (hint: it wasn't her boyfriend's) room... I also am not a fan of Flint because even such a simple activity like shopping is so depressing. I go to a mall and look at the people and they look so defeated. Like they look forward to the relief that death will bring... Yeah, that depressing. It's like Neil Young could write his next album here... yeah, THAT depressing... I think this time around I'm going to spend my downtime up there in my room with plenty of movies (upbeat stuff) and serve my penance until I get home Sunday night... yep, THAT depressing...

No comments: