Friday, February 17, 2006

A Tough Start, A Good Finish...

Today didn't start out too well. I woke up and was planning on going out to breakfast. When I went to my car, I had a flat tire. Not a good way to start the day. I was able to get the car over to the gas station just down the street. I put air in the tire and bought a can of fix-a-flat. I drove to work when my brakes decided to poop out and were grinding. Oh perfect! Anyway, I get to work and notice that the tire is flat again. I go into work and only stay half a day. I found someone to work the latter part of my shift and I went back to my car and put in the can of fix-a-flat, and drove the car to get repairs done. Three hours and a couple of hundred dollars later, I head for home. I decided that I was not going to have my day ruined. I am determined to have a good day and realized that I hadn't eaten the entire day so I stopped at a restaurant and enjoyed a very good meal. I also bought another laptop since I am not going to get my other ones back from the ex. I could raise a stink about it, but I consider her as a petty thief minister and nothing more. I am letting go and letting God deal with it all. I am moving forward and am looking forward to it. I've made some new friends online and am feeling good about life. There are still an abundance of challenges that I face, but I am still hopeful that I will overcome and succeed....

6 comments:

Maggs said...

Hi, found your blog through Ophelia's site. You have left wonderful comments for her. You are a sweet sweet man.

Stop by mine if you like. : )

Maggs said...

oh, and which hockey team? if you stop by mine leave me a comment with which team. we're hockey fans in our house.

Tony Grant said...

Hey I read your favorite movies, B. Saddles is one of mine also. Great taste.

Saima said...

Thanks Mik!

Unknown said...

hey mik, take it from me fix a flat sucks! I seriously don't even know why they invented it :(

Thanks for visiting my blog :)

Saima said...

I'm waiting... sorry, my impatience