Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update (or is there such a thing as 'Downdate'?)

Aloha y'all...
Thursday finds me feeling a bit rested but still wiped out from the last week or two. I've been laying low the last couple of days to recoup and recharge the batteries. The gal pal is vacationing with her family so I'm missing her right now. I'm a little out of sorts because work has been a little wacked lately. People getting a bit testy. But I'm still surviving... As for the sisters, it's still a bit bumpy but otherwise status quo. Lou has a birthday tomorrow and I got her a pair of dinner theatre tickets to go out if she wants to... I hope she does. I guess it'll depend on whether her back holds up. Terri is still feeling like someone beat her up and left her in a heap with the treatments. And she's only in week two of a six month ordeal with no guarantee of success. But that's what we got to deal with... like the old saying goes: it's not about seeing through each other, it's about seeing each other through...
Well, this weekend marks the annual city-wide garage sales here in the Pier... how does a hick town of about 1200 people use the term 'city-wide'??? But the cool part is that the fourth of July celebration is being held this weekend (something weird about observing the 4th of July on June 30th) and that means the big fireworks display at the beach on Saturday night... woo-hoo...

2 comments:

Sundae said...

Missing you gal pal are you! Have you heard from her? She should be heading back today. Glad things have calmed down on your end some. Still praying for your sisters. Take care.

Unknown said...

:) I hope you're enjoying the fireworks. ;)