Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back At It Again...

Howdy,
Well, tuesday was a day that started out very lousy, but ended quite nicely. I was not having a good day at work with some lady who didn't know me, right out of the blue, call me a f'ing imbecile. Maybe she had talked to my ex-girlfriend...lol... Anyway, it was just nutty because people were really in a snotty mood and just being nasty. I was trying to remain in a decent mood but was losing the battle... until I got to talk to the gal pal. Things started to straighten themselves out then. Much needed and I felt a whole lot better. I needed to get an attitude adjustment before I went to see Terri and Lou. I knew that they were both going to be feeling pretty bad. I knew it was early, but the girls actually weren't as bad as I expected. The day after is usually worse but for the type of treatment Terri was going through, I knew it was going to whip her. I get there and walk in and while she looked a little pale, she was resting on her bed, reading the paper. Lou was also there, laying down and taking it easy. I was surprised a little but just smiled and asked how it was going. Terri was feeling very weak, but offered up a 'better than I was earlier' so I took that as a positive sign. It's only the first day and I didn't want to build it up and try to make it more than it was... still, she was wobbly in walking to the bathroom but navigated herself reasonably well. I know the next couple of weeks are going to be brutal, but that's up to God and Terri's attitude...
As for me, I'm just kind of quiet and not really sure how to handle things. I'm feeling not so much confidence as I am trusting in God. I'm not going to shout that He'll do this or that... but I believe in Him no matter what happens. I love Him and pray that His Mercy and Grace is on my family...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ah mik.............I can't explain how I feel ;) I am so inspired by your faith and .............everything about you :)

Sundae said...

Mik, it is so great that you are supporting your sister right now. What a good brother. Your presence probably means more than you know. I got to talk to Jackson today. She was poolside laying in her little bikini.
Oh well, would have been a nice day for a swim if you had been there! Take care friend:)