Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Life

Tuesday: the good the bad and the ugly... in reverse order:
The ugly- my sister who has been taking care of our older sister from the beggining regarding the whole leukemia thing and being in the ECF, has a problem of her own to deal with. It turns out she'll find out today if the cancer has returned to her. She dealt with the ravages of ovarian cancer.... What misery that was for her. Well, her pet scan showed something that wasn't suppose to be there. So she'll find out today what it is and what might happen. I know that cancer runs in my family (it took my dad, his sister, his brother, his mom and dad, well, you get the picture). I probably should go and check myself out, but I'm scared to figure out what is going on with me. I know what I should do... but...
The bad- My sister who is in the ECF is getting more cantankerous by the minute and wants to leave there immediately but has to wait for the ok from her foot (stump) doctor. I suppose that's good because that means she is getting stronger. But she is also becoming more desperate to leave before she is done with rehabi of her stump. While my other younger sister has been amazing at being there for her, well, she isn't being told of the lousy pet scan from my other sister. We'll wait to see what the results are and wait for my sis to get out of the ECF and see how things play out...
The good- Today is my youngest sister's birthday. Happy b-day kid... I hope that your husband remembers that you're another year older... I'm sure the kids will remind him... ;) Also good - I got to spend part of the weekend with a human being who defies description... I can't put into words how much this person has impacted my life to the point where I am a changed person... changed for the MUCH better...
So while I've got lots on my plate to think about... I'm going to continue to pray and stand on my faith that all things will work themselves out... that is my prayer... God Bless... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey :) I'm praying for Terri and yes, please check yourself out mik. I couldn't stand it if..................:(