Sunday, June 17, 2007

Let the games begin...

Hope y'all had a good weekend...
Me, I didn't do too bad. Did the little things: the lawn, the laundry, some groceries... the usual suspects. Spent time over with Terri and Lou... I was feeling pretty good until Terri told about the regimen they're putting her on... the treatment they're putting her through for six straight months is the same type of treatment for AIDS patients. So in addition to all of the misery of pain, nausea, and vomiting, she'll also get the added fun of needing to stay out of the sun and a lot of different types of food she can't eat as a result of this... Plus the usual added attractions of weight loss and hair loss... there is nothing wonderful about this unless she is cured... It is going to be sheer hell, but she knows this and has spent the weekend getting prepared for everything she's going to have to go through... Me and my other family members are going to take shifts staying over there to watch Terri and Lou and do whatever needs to be done to take care of them... I'm really bumming about this crap that she has to go through, but as she likes to say: "if that's what I gotta do to live..." how can I compare anything to that?

1 comment:

Sundae said...

Mik, I am truly sorry for what your sister is having to go through.I have thought about her a lot since you told me. I will continue to pray for her. It sounds like she has a good attitude. You guys hang in there, better days are surely ahead.