Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The World Still Turns...

Howdy,
Well, a beautiful sunrise greets me as I sit here on Wednesday morning. First off, I want to take a moment and offer my condolences to Jackson as her grandfather passed yesterday. It was expected, but that doesn't discount the fact that he lived a long, full, life. May his soul rest in peace. Jackson, I know that your family is doing okay but know that you and your family are still being prayed for.
A hospital representative stopped by yesterday to talk to my sister about what happened in the ER (the 67 vs 670 blood sugar) and what happened in ICU (the terrible job of taking care of her stump)... the rep was very cool and understanding and I came away feeling better than I thought I would. I was less hacked off than I was a couple of entries ago... by far... The unit where my sister was moved to is a good unit and she is getting great care and I am feeling proud to say that I am a member of that hospital again. My youngest sister and her husband and their boys stopped up to see her. Dyl was still sporting his mohawk and in a wacky Dyl moment was fresh from his guitar lessons, wearing a white tanktop better known as a 'wifebeater' shirt. His mullet loving brother Bren was happy to crack jokes on him... "all that's missing is a five day growth of beard, a can of Old Milwaukee, and a cigarette hanging from his lip"... Of course, all it took was reminding little brother of his desire to bring back 1981 on his head... who said you can't have fun in a hospital...

No comments: