Thursday, May 17, 2007

(too)t sweet..

Well, the news on my sister is a little bit better. She ended up having to be on dialysis. She was dialyzed on Tuesday and her kidneys seemed to have responded and are starting to work again. So I'm very cautiously optimistic. The CT shows something is up in her abdomen but the docs haven't been too impressed with it. But if it's anything like the ER experience, than I might go nuts in the process... I guess if you read my last post, then you might understand my sarcasm. The shocking part of this whole fiasco: The ******* ER doc wanted to send my sister home. He walked into the room and said "so, you want to go home, yes?" My sister was barely concious. My other sister who was there said 'I don't think so' which hacked off the ER doc. He left the room and never did return. It might have had something to do with a ******* 670 blood sugar!!!! That and her kidneys were tanking and she ended up going from the ER to the ******* ICU... HELLO!!! Wednesday wasn't much of a banner day either when the vascular doc that saw her when she had half of her foot amputated, was finally notified and came in and saw how little the ICU folks took care of her stump and went balistic. He wasn't happy at all. But he did some work on my sister and it did some improvement to her stump. The blood sugars are better but that's because of the insulin drip. And even the sugars have been wacky for her... There's a long road ahead but I'm going to stand on my faith that she's going to get back to baseline and make it back home and with some therapy, can get back to doing some living. As for me, I'm strangely calm. I'm feeling very strong inside and my faith in God has been reinvigorated... He really is awesome and I know first hand how very real His blessings are and have been in my life. That and my family has rallied around my sister. They have been at the hospital every day. I've been there (I also work there... although after the experiences my sister has been through, I don't know if I want to admit that I work there)... so I go at every break to check on her and get updates. My other sisters though really deserve the praise and the credit for being there most of the time. I look forward to her getting out of ICU. I'll keep you posted as to how she's doing...

1 comment:

Sundae said...

Mik, sorry your sister is having such a rough go at things. Glad she has you guys to help her. Every patient needs an advocate if they are very ill. Proof being the doctor who wanted to let her leave with her sugar level that high. I will pray for her. I am glad that you feel calm and have strength. Take care my friend.