Monday, May 07, 2007

Monday Musings...

More of what I do best... random thoughts...
Spent an eternity in Milwaukee this past weekend. The women's football team got beat by a Milwaukee team that up to this point, hadn't even scored a single point, let alone win a game... Oh this is going to be another long season... zzzzz... after the game, the Milwaukee team was very gracious and invited our team out to some pub for a late night dinner. Very (as in ice) cold pizza... it still has my stomach upset two days later... ahhhhh life!
Anyway, my nephew the marine left today for more training down in the Carolinas. My sister is a bit of a wreck but that's normal. He had a good time here and spending most of it with both his girlfriend and my family did him a world of good. He is such a good young man. I'm very very proud of him. God works in mysterious ways. I'm living proof of that. But I'm happiest that I got to see the change in him first hand. It really warms this old dog's heart.
Oh, lest I forget, baby Tristan had a successful open-heart surgery this past week. He's recovering and doing well. It's going to be the first of several operations he'll need to repair the damage to his heart but right now, so far, so good... Thank You Lord... Carolyn is doing better. Her sister was taken off of the vent and is being moved out of ICU and we're prayerfully hopeful. I'm feeling not so cynical as I was last thursday. I was a bit cranky with that last entry but I guess that's just me being me. I'm glad God has a sense of humor (a willingness to understand and forgive)...
Okay a little more sports... Roger Clemens just came to terms on a one year deal with the Yankees that will be worth more than the gross national product of most 3rd world nations. When you break it down, it comes to about 200 thousand dollars per inning pitched by him! I guess that's why a hot dog costs 5 dollars and 8oz of beer is 7 bucks... He's going to start in the minors first by going to play with his son's team in Lexington. I wouldn't be surprised if they start charging like the major leagues down there... lol...
Hope your week starts out and goes well. I'm hopeful for mine too... Peace...

No comments: