Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My (Much) Better Half...

Hey y'all,
I hope you had a decent weekend. Or at least tried to. Me, I got to spend a little quality time with the gal pal. Always a treat for me... We had fun together. I think the reason our relationship is so successful, is because even though we are both crazy about each other, we don't get to see each other all of the time. So the thing we focus on the most when we are together, is each other. Even though she isn't 100% healthy, she is constantly giving me her attention and is far more worried about what's going on with me than I am about myself. Me, I don't think at all about myself when I'm with her. My sole focus is on her. And all this time later, we haven't changed in that behavior. In the beginning, sure the physical attraction to her was great. (okay, it still is... I'm a GUY after all...lol). But as time has passed, the passion and desire goes to what's in the heart and soul. I am amazed over and over again by what I see and feel when I look at her. I went with her to PT and watched her work out. I saw the effort she put into her session and I could see the grit and determination in her face. She made me realize how much I take things for granted without saying one word or even knowing that she was teaching me. All of this was going through my head and in typical fashion, when I told her how proud I was of her effort, she completely downplayed what she was doing. “It's no big deal”. Well, to me it was. It really was. Because sometimes when I am feeling tired or just blah because of work or other areas in my life outside of her, I look at her and I get an instant attitude adjustment. She is younger than I am, but I look up to her... She inspires me more than anyone I know on this earth. Geez, after reading this, you'd think I was in love with the woman or something...lol.. (hint: the worst kept secret on the planet: yes I am)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love you MAS!