Monday, July 09, 2007

Monday Moanin'...

Ahhhh it's Monday again. Geez, I'm so excited (yawn),
I survived the weekend with some sleep. Not much, mind you, but some. Lou is feeling better. Her labs were way off and it caused her to be flat out miserable. But she's better. I am grateful. She still has got kidney problems but hopefully a trip or two to the nephrologist will help. Terri is feeling the skin effects of her chemo. She wants to scratch constantly. She is trying to not scratch but... other than that, not much is different with the sisters right now but please keep the prayers going... After work on Saturday, I went and did the security thing for a high school graduation party. That went off without any problems. The kids were smart and later on met somewhere else to go do stupid stuff... Me, I went to church on Saturday night then went to Todd and Nicole's and watched baseball late Saturday and got up on Sunday feeling pretty relaxed. I took my time because the mass was at 10am and the baptism for Grace wasn't going to be until afterwards. So I pop out of the shower and leave a little early and stop to gas up before heading up to Monroe to the church. I get there about 9:50 in the morning and my cell rings. It's Nicole and she's in a mild panic as the priest informs her at that time that they're going to do the baptism DURING the mass. Oops... fortunately, Nicole's family (who are all Catholic) was there to go to mass anyway. So that kept everything pretty calm. I arrive at the church, ready to be the godfather, not having yet even meeting the godmother. This girl comes over and sits down next to me. She is a very cute kid (as in all the young guys at church were staring at her because they thought she was as one guy said 'smoking hot'). And never said a word to me. I never felt so OLD... I wanted to yell at some of the guys sitting behind her like I was her father or something. As we went up to the baptismal thingy to do our part, I'm like six foot two, standing next to this 18 year old girl who is in a very tight, revealing dress. who is only 5'2" at the most. I am standing there making sure that I do not look at her because of our height differential, it would appear like I would be looking straight down at her cleavage. Unlike most guys my age, I don't have a thing for young teenage girls. I'm very happy with the girlfriend I have and am not interested in anyone else, thank you very much... after we get done with the baptism of Grace, we head back to our pews and I step on the edge of a step and proceed to roll my ankle a bit and have to jump in the air so I could balance myself and not fall down. I was just grateful that there were no cameras flashing.
We go to lunch afterwards and I'm having a good time. I knew that I had to leave and head over to Sonja's memorial trust fundraiser. I arrive there and the place is packed. I know that Sonja would've been proud to see that. Lots of family and friends and co-workers. I see some of the co-workers whom I'm friends with and am looking to enjoy myself, when I hear a 'Hi Mik' that I hadn't heard in about 7 years. It was my old flame K who I haven't seen in a few years. Last I heard she was out in Vermont with a guy and now she comes up to hug me in downtown Toledo. I smile and am polite, but didn't say or feel anything towards her. I've lost some weight since we last saw each other and she kept saying 'Oh my god' over and over. I think I asked if she was back in town and she said yes but then I seen an old friend from high school who was there as well, so I started a converstation with him and K stood there for a minute and opted to leave. I couldn't have cared less. When I looked at her, I tried to remember what it was that I found attractive about her... I couldn't. I felt nothing. I then began to think about my current girlfriend and my heart came back to life. I realized just how far I have come in the last 7-10 years... I couldn't be happier or more grateful for where I am right now. I am completely in love and very happy. And I am at a point in my life where I want peace in my heart and in my life. I never had that before with any other female. I have that now. My heart is relaxed and I have a grateful heart for being blessed with an amazing woman who inspires me every single day. To embrace life and live it. She is my rock... God has my soul and she has my heart. That is how I am able to keep it together...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you're in a good place mik, me too :)