Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Stone's Throw...


So... My lone, dark shadow at the bottom of the picture. I've been a whirlwind of emotions over the last week. I've been happy, disappointed, mad at myself, anxious, nervous, nauseous... hey, maybe I'm pregnant? I am not sure what to think about some things right now... My boss at work called me into her office on the first day that I come back from a few days off and I'm thinking to myself 'okay, did I do something I shouldn't have before I left? Noooo...' So I wasn't too sure what she might want when I walked in. I was surprised when she said she wanted my advice on a couple of issues going on at work. Thank goodness, I kept my poker-face intact. I smiled, hid my surprise (relief) and pretended to be interested in what she had to say. She never called me into her office before to ask advice. It was a little weird.
Went to church this morning (and Jackson, if you read this, I was representin' JV style... sportin' the shirt! yeah, that's right!) I hadn't been to the Creek in a couple of weeks so it was good to be back home... I really enjoyed JXN's church though. It really had a 'home' feel to it. They really made me feel welcomed. It was very cool...
Had today off from everything. Last night, after starting the season with an OT win, my girls the Spitfire, went to Kalamazoo and took it on the chin by a 50-0 score. Today was better and after I came home from church, I cruised in to town, only to see that lots of people converged on my town and went to the beach and walked along the pier... at the end of the pier, there were people fishing. Later in the afternoon, I went for a walk along the pier, and climbed down onto the rocks. I sat down and looked over across the beach and watched the little kids swim. It was a very warm breezy day here on the lake and lots of people came out to relax. The waves crashed against the rocks, causing the water to mist and spray across the rocks, the pier... ME... ;) anyway, I did alot of thinking (probably too much thinking) about everything and nothing... the usual questions:
Will I ever be a success? Will I ever be happy? Who invented plaid pants? With a nod to Steve Martin: Is it okay to yell 'movie' in a crowded firehouse? y'know, deep, probing questions... lol... another week of work begins...zzzzz....

2 comments:

Saima said...

I think you're not pregnant, perhaps you're only alive. It's nearly the same as being happy.

Nice week at work and with everything!

Unknown said...

It's no suprise she wanted to get your advice. You're a wise man :)

Please don't be too disappointed mik. I can't bear to think of you that way. :(

still praying...............