Sunday, August 20, 2006

Godzilla and Golf... What a Pair...zzzz

Oh my am I tired...
I am running on fumes but it was a lot of fun. I had to go into work
yesterday very early (5am) and put my time in. I went to visit my sister
Lou and she was pretty emotional. She has to undergo more chemotherapy and is still trying to rebound from having her foot amputated.
She is trying to keep a positive perspective on things. But it's really getting to her. I saw her and my other sister Terri. Terri lost job on friday (she's a school teacher) and it really hurt her a lot. They still haven't officially told her. She found out on friday by total accident. They'll tell her officially tomorrow, which is the first day of school. Budget cuts... arrrrrgh! I spent a little time with them and tried to stay upbeat but it was very depressing in the house yesterday. I think part of it had to do with the fact that today (sunday) would've been our dad's birthday. I thought about him at Church this morning. I slept in and went to a later service cause I was up late on saturday night watching football and a really bad Godzilla movie... "Godzilla's Revenge" I thought most of those movies were bad back then. Now I wax them a bit nostalgic... Watching a portly Japanese kid (with just atrocious english overdubs) talking with Godzilla's son ( a dwarf in a plastic dragon suit that was maybe 4 foot tall) with a high pitch overdub that was not at all in sync with the Japanese version. It was awful. But kind of fun... Until I looked at the clock and realize that it was after 2:3o in the morning and had to wake up for Church in a few hours. I went to Church and it was great. I loved it. We didn't do anything much to celebrate my dad's birthday so w I went and hung out at my place when the guy that I do the golf show with called me and invited me to golf for free at one of the area's more nicer golf courses... so we golfed, ate good food, and laughed alot! I'm just now getting home late (near midnight) and am going to nod off for the night... Happy Birthday Dad! I love you a ton and miss ya...

3 comments:

Maggs said...

I can't remember the last time I saw a Godzilla movie. But I do need to see the new King Kong.

Unknown said...

wow they fired her because of budget cyts? Here, once you get your tenure your in for good unless you totally screw up. Our school system doesn'r know the meaning of budget cuts though which is probably why the state is taking over. lol

Anonymous said...

Totally off the subject of your post, Mik...but has my computer screen gotten smaller or did you change the size of your letters? >>>as I go off to rub my tired eyes...<<<