Wednesday, November 02, 2011

In The Deep Freeze...

Hi folks...
I am feeling much better. Thanks for the prayers. They are much appreciated. Not much has changed around here... everything and everyone is still status quo for the moment. I have been working my butt off and it's been crazy. I had one of those "It was God" moments a few days ago. Terri's big freezer went out on her and she hasn't had another one yet. I figured I would get her one for her birthday and put it on layaway, making payments on it. Well, I had put 140 dollars down on it and got on with the rest of my life. I was driving and my front brakes decided to crap out on me. I knew I didn't have much in the way of money. I was not going to freak out about it and figured I'd milk it for a week till payday. Well, I got a call from the department store telling me the brand of freezer I'd gotten for Terri was being recalled so they wanted to refund my money back and they would let me know when the freezer was available for sale again. So I went and got the money from the store and drove the car next door to a brake shop to get my brakes done. The final total? One hundred thirty-eight dollars and 47 cents. I celebrated by going through the drive-thru at McDonald's and got a McDouble with that last dollar... lol Then I seen an ad in the Sunday paper for a freezer on sale for much cheaper than I was going to buy it for... Coincidence? I DON'T THINK SO...

3 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Glad it all worked out!

Carolyn said...

LOL Mik- Glad you're feeling better and happy for the "God thing" He has a way of doing that! ;-)

salemslot9 said...

getting your brakes fixed
is very important