Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rockin...er... Coughing All Over The World

Hey all,
Sorry for not posting in a while. After my last post, I started to hack and wheeze and all the other fun things tied to pneumonia. I have been off work for a week (NO, I am not happy about that!) and have been feeling miserable. At first they thought it was Croup... Croup?? I guess it's making a comeback. Anyway, it turned out to be pneumonia and I've been coughing up all kinds of fun stuff for the last 8 days. I may have caught it from Lou of all people. I went to visit her almost 2 weeks ago and she was coughing it up big time. When I was leaving from visiting her, I leaned over and kissed her forehead and she was coughing up through her trach. As I think about it now, that is what most likely got me. But Lou is still hanging in there. God Bless her... She is still trying to live and is battling like no one I've ever met outside of Terri.
Well, it hasn't been all doomsday here. I am happy to say that my nephew Tony and his wife are the proud parents of a baby boy. And the most touching part is that they named the little guy after me and my father. His name is not Mik but my middle name Xavier. Talk about disarming and getting all choked up... oh wait! That's just me coughing up another lung oyster!

4 comments:

Helen said...

Sounds like you had a rough time. Glad that you are better and have a new one name after you. I am still rolling this walker around. Helen

Carolyn said...

Aw- sweet on the new grandnephew Mik! I sure hope you get better soon- that's lousy :-( Glad Lou is still fighting. God Bless all of you guys!

ADB said...

Get well soon, Mik. And congrats on the addition to the family!

Ken Riches said...

Hope you get back to normal soon.