Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bizarre Dreams or Random Thoughts? Depends...

Hi kids,
I'm in a crazy mood these days. Mostly because work is nuts and I now am doing broadcasting work which means I'm going to start travelling all over the place and won't be keeping the close eye on the sisters or spend any free time with the gal pal as much as during the summer. But they know what I do and are very understandiing... So I'm happy for that...
Now, for an A.D.D. moment... The lineup or cast for Dancing With the Stars was revealed earlier this week. I was yawning my way through it... ZZZzzzzz Lance Bass, Toni Braxton (okay she's good looking)... yawn... Warren Sapp (he'll tackle the judges and eat them first)....Zzzzzz... Susan Lucci (well, she's okay to be in the cast since Jane Seymour proved it can be done)... snorrrrrre... Chloris Leachman...zzzzzzzzz... huh?.... wait a minute! Chloris "Phyllis" Leachman??? She was old when I was a kid!! She made it to DWTS? She is 82 years old!!!! Are you kidding me? I don't have a prejudice against seniors. But in a competition like this, the first two words that sprang to my sleepy head were "broken hip"... And of course, being in the health care line of work by day, you start to have bizarre thoughts going through your head. And I'll apologize in advance, but the number one thought that went through my head was the obvious: I hope that underneath Chloris Leachman's ballroom gown, she's wearing Depends undergarments. I keep thinking that the folks at Depends have a great marketing opportunity here. Wait a minute, I have an incredibly gorgeous girlfriend whom I love more than life itself, and I'm waking up here, thinking about an 82 year old's Depend's undergarments???? HELLLLLLPPP!!!! Quick! Someone get me a bottled water and a motivational CD! Why am I thinking about Dancing With the Stars anyway? AHHHHHHHHH.... Please, God, make it stop!!!! No more thoughts of Chloris Leachman... Please make it go away..... okay, Mik, repeat after me: "I love my gal pal"... keep saying that till you fall back asleep and the nightmare will soon end... I HOPE!!!!

No comments: