Thursday, September 04, 2008

Calm Before The...

Yippeeeee....
Well, I've been able to shake the thoughts of Chloris Leachman out of my head and am able to face the world again. Things are calm at the moment and sometimes that really scares me. It's been so long since I've had an uneventful week, that I don't know how to handle it sometimes. I'm just so used to pressure filled crisis of some sort or another that it seems odd that I'm sitting here feeling peaceful and almost waiting for the next big issue to come along. I don't want to think or feel like that. I want to be peaceful. I want to relax and find a way to enjoy life. To feel good about going about my life and be able to enjoy it. In other words... I want to be my old, whack-job self that is such a goof. Drives me crazy sometimes... I want to relax. Diving head first into broadcasting sports has been a big help for me. I try to keep prayerful and I gotta say, I've been a lot more peaceful and calm since I started getting in the Word every morning. I'll be honest, I didn't start out that way... Reading the Bible was about as interesting as going to a yawning festival. Till I actually tried to find out what the stuff in that book meant. When I started yearning to learn more in it, I began to grasp some of what is in there. It took a while for me to learn that I'll never completely get the meaning of everything in it... But it took longer for me to realize that it's OK for me not to understand it all... That's why I continue to read it. To find new things in there to help enlighten me as I try to do life with those around me... Hope this finds you in a good way and with a smile on your face... If not, do what I do... when I need to perk up, I look in the mirror, and just say "you're such a dork"... and I usually feel better. You can even do what a friend of mine did... My friend was feeling out of sorts, kinda blah... well, he told me that he went into the bathroom feeling that way and then he looked into the mirror and as loud and proud as he could, he said: "Mik is such a dork!"... He said he was feeling like a million bucks all day... in fact when he changed the ending of that statement to include other names, he said he got out of his mood and was whistling by the latter part of the day. So, if you're feeling down at all, feel free to look in the mirror and say, "Mik is such a dork" and maybe you too, will feel better... Have a great weekend... :)

No comments: