Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Time

Wasn't sure what to write about today as I have been so incredibly busy. But I must say, I'm looking forward to the Christmas season. I love Christmas. Not cause of the commercial reasons, but because there are people that under normal circumstances, would not be very happy during this time of year. Whether it be because of losing a loved one, the end of a meaningful relationship, the idea of being alone... y'know, the whole enchilada. But somehow, God reaches them (either directly, or by using others to reach out to them) and when they don't want to do it, they still manage to get through Christmas and continue to live. How do I know this? Simple, I used to BE that person. Now, I give thanks everyday to God that He allowed me to gut it out and through that misery, I was able to find real happiness. One thing I've learned from all of this is that you have to stick around for the finish, because you really don't know how the end of this movie we call life is going to be. We think we do, but we don't. I never ever thought I'd be as happy as I am right now. But thanks be to God... I AM... My gal pal loves me. My family is hanging in there as best they can. And I have a lot to be thankful for... including friends here that stop by to read up on what's going on in my whacky world. For that, I am also gratefully blessed.

Here's a recipe for a non-alcoholic drink that I found... something Christmas-like... mmmmm

Peppermint Mocha: (makes 4 servings)

8 tsp sugar
8 tbsp milk
16 tbsp vanilla ice cream
8 tbsp peppermint candies
8 tbsp chocolate syrup

Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a cocktail glass, add straw, and serve.

No comments: