Sunday, December 28, 2008

Adieu to '08... Looking Forward to '09

Hey y'all,
Just dropping a line to say howdy as we come to the close of 2008. Lord knows there are a lot of things I won't miss about '08 and am looking forward to 2009. I wonder what 2009 will bring? I'm wondering what to hope for as we dip our tootsies into the sea of '09? I guess my hope for 2009 is for a calmer world, less stress for me and my family. more success for us. Things like that. Good health would sure be a big help! As I type this, the winds are whipping here on the lake and I've already heard a few shingles blow off of my roof. I know one new year's resolution that is rooted in reality... fixing my dang roof.... grrrr.... Besides that, some of the old favorites are there for me to try and stick with... lose weight, more exercising, try and be a better person. Only this year, I'm going to make a conscious effort to get to more blogs/journals as I've been less that stellar in that department over the last year and have lost touch with a couple of folks. I want to make that right and get my poop in a group. I know that's something I want to work at heading into the new year. So what is your new year's resolution and do you think you'll be able to keep it?

4 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I don't really make New Year's resolutions. I suppose if anything, just more balance in my life.

Joann said...

Mine WOULD be to exercise more (or at all), but I won't make it a New Years Resolution, because I'm just no good at those.... I'll just try to do it!! Happy New Year to you and yours!!

ADB said...

Don't do New Year's resolutions, Mik (never stick to them), but wish you and yours all the best for 2009

Guido

Carolyn said...

Mik- I gave up on making eresolutions looooooooong ago. I have no will power what so ever ;) I do hope and pray you all have a Blessed one without so much stress and healing and lots of love and friendship. God Bless ya my mexanadian brother (did I even spell that right? I gotta go to sleep!)