Monday, September 15, 2008

Extreme Makeover: my hometown edition...

So, it's been a while since I've been on here writing. Sorry about that. I have been insanely busy and have not been doing much except for working and more working... My fair hometown of Toledo just had a visit from the folks at ABC's “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”... Some couple from a neighborhood in the west end got a new house. It was filmed this past week. They and their 11 kids (mostly adopted) went on vacay and the house was built. They came home this past Sunday and I think most of the city of Toledo came out to see it. I didn't bother because I had a hockey game to broadcast online but I knew many people that were there and worked on the project. It was a great experience for all of them and I'm glad for the family as they were very deserving. The news media here were just fawning all over the cast... they had a lineup of Pauly, Rachel, Rib, and Ty...
Now from the “what do you mean there's no Santa Claus?” department:
Apparently, since they're at a build for 7 days, around the clock, the stars have a little freedom to just relax. From a couple of guys that were putting some of the flooring in the house, “Pauly just sat there and smoked cigarettes most of the time we were working...” And from a couple of others: “Rachel spent most of her time in her trailer. For one of her shoots, she came out and they sprayed her with some sawdust to make her look like she was working it and they cleared the area of the volunteers so that they could film her “working”.... Now normally, I would say something really crass and mean because I know of a couple of folks that worked at the build and they said the same thing. The designers don't do much in the way of the physical labor... It's okay, I choose to acknowledge that it's the 100's volunteers that do all of the work and get very little of the credit. They're the ones who make it special. And for that, I am very proud of my hometown. I still am very much a fan of the show... The airing of this show will be sometime in November. So that'll be cool. Oh and by the way... there's no easter bunny either... have a nice day... ;)

No comments: