Thursday, August 26, 2010

The 'C' Word

From the "Here we go again" department:
Please say a prayer for my kid sister Angie. She was just diagnosed with breast cancer. I was in total shock when Terri told me. Lou and Terri are both doing sort of okay at the moment. Both are trying to deal with their own health issues as best as they know how. But to have this bomb dropped was very devastating to the family. Don't know how extensive or how far along the tumors are, but from what I can tell, there is hope for her. So, just another crap nugget for my family to deal with... But deal we will. Ang was a mess when she found out but seems to be grasping things a little more sternly than she did earlier in the week. It does put some wacky thoughts in your head though... hmmmmm.... My ol' man lost his battle to this disease, Lou has had it, Terri has it, now Ang.... how much longer till...

4 comments:

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Sorry I made a mess of the other entry and deleted it.
Sending up prayers for her and for the rest of your family. May all that have this disease be healed. And may all your minds be at rest with the knowledge that this will take place. Helen

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

The odds of all of this happening in one family! So hard to grasp. But apparently you are all made from good stock: you stick together with grace and strength and you get through it with God's help.

Ken Riches said...

Sorry to hear, my thoughts are with you and your family.