Monday, July 21, 2008

Slow and Steady...

Well, things are slowly improving for Lou as she was moved out of ICU and into a regular room. But that's because they took a boat-load of fluid off of her and dialyzed her four days in a row. Her kidneys still don't work and they're still going to have to amputate her other leg as well. But she is still hanging in there. I was visiting with her yesterday and she was pretty miserable because of the pain in her leg. I don't how soon till she is well enough to have it removed. But, once it happens, well, it's a whole new round of rehab and learning to deal with being a double amputee. Lou is not a spring chicken. I'm hoping she'll have the energy to fight and continue to live life... Terri is hanging in there. She found out her gyn/oncologist is moving to Columbus and that there is only one other gyn/onc doc in our city who has a toilet paper roll of a list for patients.So after praying on it, she made the choice to follow her doc and make the commute to Columbus, a 2 and a half hour trip each way for her to be treated, sevral-times a month... Meanwhile, nothing else in the land of Mik is going on right now... The gal pal and her mom and Aunt are off on a shopping trip to Tennessee so I'm going to spend some time with my family. As much as I talk about them here, I don't see them as much as I should. But I hope to get to hang out with them a little bit. Plus, I'd really like to sneak in a little golf somewhere along the way... I miss hitting that little white ball all over the place. It takes my mind off of things and I can laugh about how lousy I am at it...

No comments: