Monday, February 04, 2008

Monday Musings

Hi everybody...
Had a lonnnnnnng weekend. Not much in the way of sleep. I feel like my knuckles are dragging on the ground, but other than that, I'm haning in there. The weekend was a pretty good one for all intents and purposes. After work on Saturday, I was at Wal-mart (my favorite store outside of Steve & Barry's) and my sister calls me to tell me her toilet is acting up again. I felt a sudden desire to go hide. But I picked up a repair kit on the spot and told them I'd stop over on Sunday to take a look at it. I went to church and got a late breakfast (don't ask me why, but for some reason, chinese food seemed like a good idea for breakfast)... I found a chinese buffet place that opened early so I went and loaded up... Hey, it was all you can eat for five dollars and 43 cents.. My stomach was filled for most of the day. Went over to Terri's and she tells me that my nephew was able to fix the toilet. I was like the happiest man on planet earth. I saw her and Lou who has lost lots of fluid weight. I guess that can happen when you STOP taking Flowmax... She looks more like her old self but still has some work to do. Terri had chemo this morning (again) and will be wiped out for the next couple of days so me and my other sister will take turns going over and help with doing little things like emptying Lou's portable potty etc... and checking on Terri to make sure she's still palpable... About the only downside to the weekend was that I didn't get to spend a ton of time with the gal pal... but she knew I had a busy weekend and she still loves me so I am a happy guy... So after the Cherokee hockey game (we won: woo-hoo) I made it home eventually to catch some of the Superbowl...usually it's something that bores me... but not this game. WOW... I was happy for Eli Manning. He can finally step out of the shadow of his more famous big brother Peyton. But we all know the main reason for watching the game... the commercials!! I liked a few of them... there were some really bizarre ones too. But for me the hands down winner was the Budweiser ad with the dalmation training the clydesdale horse with the theme of 'Rocky' playing... that was pretty funny. If you saw the game, let me know which commercial did it for you... there were plenty to choose from...

No comments: