Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Moving On But Never Forgetting...

It doesn't seem like two years ago today that a seriously nasty F4 tornado went through this neck of the woods. 100 buildings flattened, a high school destroyed, a fire department and police department heavily damaged. And worst of all, 7 lives lost. Lake Township went through a lot. But they're rebuilding and most of it has been done. The high school is getting ready to open this fall. But today was just a day to pause and reflect and remember. It doesn't seem that long ago. I'm in a pretty okay mood though. Life does go on... A number of members of my family are going to make the 6 hour trip to see my gal pal's family with me. We're going to just hang out for a long weekend and spend time getting to know each other better. My family are true northerners. My gal pal's are true southerners. I don't know if the Hatfields and McCoys have anything on us...lol... My nephew is learning how to play rock guitar. I told him if he was down south, he'd have to learn how to play the banjo. He didn't get the joke but he's only 15 so I didn't expect him to... Hope this finds you all safe and sound and doing alright. We'll talk again soon...

2 comments:

Helen said...

I hope the two families get along great together. I love banjo music.

ADB said...

Hope it all went well, Mik.