Thursday, April 05, 2012

And Life Goes On...

Howdy... it's been a while but have been trying to pull things back together and get moving on. Terri is really down in the dumps. I went to see her the other day and she told me that she just feels a big hole in her heart and she really misses her sister and best friend. She has cried every day since Lou passed and has lost all interest in the things that used to matter to her. She's trying to be more positive for the nephews and such but as an example, for Easter, she loved to cook and have the family over for a big dinner. This year we've agreed to meet up at my other sister's house for dinner but it's going to be a very hollow feeling. That's how big of a gaping hole that not having Lou here has created. But despite the missing our sister because of how much she meant to us, life still must go on and there have been some nice things that have happened. My hockey team made it to the frozen four at our level and I spent last weekend in Chicago broadcasting the games. We lost but it was a great run. My nephew is back to taking up the electric guitar. My dad and Lou both loved it when he first took up the instrument. He stopped playing for a long time but as of late has taken it back up. It's little things like that stuff that lets us know that life will go on... It's also something that speaks to me that God still is very much a part my life. My little great-nephew whom I affectionately refer to as "the chunk" because he not very long, but is a stocky little guy. He is built like a football... but is cute as all get out... so dang adorable. And that reminds me that life still needs to be lived. He and my other nephews/ niece are the future of our family. And the attitude here is that we're going to keep going and do it for the little ones. But also to help my sister Terri to start putting one foot in front of the other... So she can honor Lou by living a full life...

4 comments:

Helen said...

Great outlook you have there. May God send his blessing down upon all of you this Easter. Helen

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking a little about Terri, & how it must be for her.

You are looking at this in the best possible way :-).~Mary

Ken Riches said...

One day, on Holiday, at a time, you will all move on, never forgetting, but reminiscing.

Carolyn said...

I agree with Bucko, Mik. One day and one holiday at a time. I can't imagine how hard it is for Terri and all of you, but you all have each other still, and all of your nephews to focus on and enjoy. God Bless you all Mik, and I pray for especially more Blessings for Easter. (())s