Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hanging On Like Always

Hi folks,
I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Things are still crazy around here. Lou is in the hospital but hopefully we'll find out what's going on as she still is confused and at times disoriented. Terri is worried but is hopeful for our sister. I was really worried as when I walked into the ER to see Lou, she didn't know who I was. But once she knew who I was, she remembered my gal pal who I didn't bring up so that made me feel a little better. In subsequent visits, I never asked if she knew who I was and she called me by my name. I feel better that she knows who I am again. But the big question is why she's going through this? We don't know why but they're running tests so hopefully we'll get some answers. Spending time with Lou is always an adventure. While she was in the ER, it was me, Terri, Ang, and Nancy... all people that Lou knows and loves. And in true family tradition, we were all cutting up and making morbid jokes in the face of fear. That is always a sign that somehow, someway, we're going to make it... My faith is getting stronger!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Keep up the good faith. Sending up prayers for you and all your family.
Praying that the doc's find out what is wrong with Lou. Hugs for all of you,
Helen

Ken Riches said...

Sometimes you just need to find a way to laugh!