Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Gut Check Time

Hey folks,
I just wanted to give you a heads up on Lou. Lou's starting to deteriorate and it's becoming a lot more difficult to handle her. Terri is stressed to the point that her numbers are rising and she may have to get hit with chemo again. Then a whole series of miserable events occurred to make things even more crappy and Terri is at her wit's end. She feels like the family is under spiritual attack again. I'm not letting the evil one get away with it that easily. My family are prayer warriors. My gal pal and her family and her church are big time prayer warriors. I know that we've got a lot of folks that can pray for us... especially the girls. They need it big time. But I am not letting the devil have that kind of foothold in our lives. Sure things can suck sometimes. But I know that God is capable of anything. He can work in us and in those around us to help us deal with what's going on with us. I am not afraid anymore. Life can really whiz sometimes. But not all the time. I told Terri that I am going to help her with a couple of things so that she can lose a little of the stress she has. It will help her I pray... I've got to do right by them. They've always been there for me. I want to help them to get back to feeling better...

2 comments:

Helen said...

Sending prayers for your sisters and for you also. May God be with all of you and hold you close for protection from all or any kind of harm. May he heal your sister's bodies. Helen

Carolyn said...

Mik- You know I am praying as I read this (eventhough I'm a little late on it!) I wish I could say something to make it all better, I can't stand seeing you and your family going through this stuff still. None of us know what the future holds for us in this life, but we do have the hope for the next and that's what keeps us going on. Our Father in heaven knows Mik. He will sustain you all, and give each of you what you need to get through these times. I will be keeping you all, as always in my heart and prayers.
Carolyn <3