Thursday, June 04, 2009

Suddenly (liking) Salad... say it isn't so...

Hey all,
Just touching base as I get through the daily grind of work, work, and more work. I am hoping that you guys are enjoying the beginnings of summer. I promised that I would let you know when I tried something that someone sent me as an idea for making an easy dish. For lunch, I tried the suddenly salad idea from Indigo (greetings out on the smoke Indigo). Yes, it was easy. And it was pretty good. And this from a guy who cannot stand salads. But I've been trying to eat them because I'm trying to eat healthy. My body might revolt against it, but it's probably for the best. It's funny, I went through the Wendy's drive-thru the other day and it was hard for me to do, but instead of ordering a burger combo with a chili, I opted for the mandarin chicken garden salad. I have to admit, it wasn't all that bad. I liked it... Now don't worry, I have a couple friends on stand-by that if I do something crazy like stop eating meat or chicken, that they are to commence with an intervention. With my friends, that could be hazardous to my health. Have fun this weekend...

6 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi Mik,

Could you share the salad recipe? I need to start eating them myself, lol. Blessings!

Sage Ravenwood said...

It's the season. Who could help not like salad during the summer months. When it gets cold again you'll want the meat and potatoes routine. (Hugs)Indigo

Ken Riches said...

All in moderation, I could never go Vegan :o)

Rhapsody Phoenix said...

Blessings....

Well there is salad and then there are Salads! There are a slew of options and you'd be surprise how you can add all your favorites and be in heaven. I am not the lettuce type, can't digest the stuff, however cabbages i can do, i make saladas with cabbages, grilled chicken, chick peas, green peppers, red peppers, cucumbers, raisins, almonds also i make broccoli slaw with shredded carrots raisins, grilled beef/lamb and spiced peppers; trust its heavenly.

Just let your imagination fly, there are no rules for salads.

Joann said...

You're doing well!! I'm proud of you!

Riccie said...

Not really a good thing. Have you checked the calorie count on Wendy's salads? (As I'm choking on the mere idea that you are saying I and trying and salad in the same sentence...)