Sunday, October 19, 2008

Never Judge A Book By It's Cover...

I sit sometimes and have to laugh at some of the bizzare things I see as I go through life. Every time that I begin to think that I'm a few fries short of a happy meal, someone comes along to show me that maybe I'm not the complete crackpot I thought I was...
Yesterday morning, I jump in my car at 8am to go and watch my nephews' football games. (an A.D.D. moment- why can't pee-wee football games start at more NORMAL start times and not at 8:30 in the freakin' MORNING???!!!!) So, as I'm driving down I-75 towards the games, I see a new, beautiful, fire-engine red Ford Mustang convertible cruising past me effortlessly. As I look over at this dream machine, my sleep-deprived eyes were expecting to see either a middle-aged guy wanting to look young or maybe a 20-ish college girl who thought she was all that and a bag of chips... Well, as usual, I was wrong... I look over to my left for a split second, and sure enough, it was a female. However, it was one for the books... it was an older woman, couldn't make out her features or much less care because of the noxzema on her face. The curlers in her hair were covered by a see-through scarf over her head. It freaked me out... at 8 in the morning... It was very cold at the field but I couldn't get that picture out of my head... I had one set of expectations, and was surprised to find something else. So let me ask you... have you ever went into a situation expecting one thing and something comes out of left field and your jaw drops??

2 comments:

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Oh, yeah! In fact, I think I'll do a post about it. ;o)

Carolyn said...

you crack me up mik! Thank you for your usual make me smile story! God belss- I hope you're all doing OK. Carolyn