Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Lookin' Back, Lookin' Ahead...

Howdy folks,
Well it's been a while since I've written. That's because my schedule has been pretty silly and insane... busy as all get out. But I wanted to drop a line to you all to wish you a happy and safe and prosperous 2008... For me, 2007 had a lot of low points. Friends that had passed away... some expected, some not. My sisters have been battling hard for their health and it hasn't gone as well as they had hoped. Terri is facing chemo and radiation indefinitely. Lou went back to the hospital and the nursing home for a the last month or so after only two weeks out of rehab. But again, she is hoping to be released from the nursing home this Saturday... I had some problems with the TV sports station that I worked for... it would've been easy to get mad and rip on people, but that wouldn't have served any good purpose. I had to believe that good would come from it... and it has... I'm working with a friend of mine on a sports website called
www.toledosportsradio.com that is still in it's infant stages. But we're doing a weekly sports show and plenty of high school basketball games online. Some audio... some audio and video... but it's been a great amount of fun and we're starting to make strides in the Toledo area... Not looking to become stars... just want to make a few bucks and have some fun. Meanwhile, the biggest positive to come out of 2007 was the relationship with my better half... my gal pal... She is so humble and easy going. She is so gentle and understanding with me. She let's me be myself. And I let her be herself... and we both thrive in that enviornment and have prospered tremendously as a result. God gets all the credit and glory as I have been blessed by her. She is simply amazing. I could try to put words together to describe her and the effect she has had on my life. But the words would never do her justice. She doesn't seek to be noticed or draw any attention to herself. She just conducts herself as a wonderful and awesome Christian woman who has changed my life for the (much) better. I praise God every day for her... My biggest hope for 2008 is that our love continues to grow like it has and that I continue to grow in my faith and not just talk about it. But rather, live my faith... to be a better Christian and to help others in my community and my gal pal's community as well... I look forward to 2008 with a sense of optimism and hope... I also look forward to keeping in touch with all of you... thanks for being a friend to me, even if I didn't always hold up my end of the bargain. I hope that I will improve on that as we dip our tootsies deeper into the sea of 2008...

No comments: