Monday, September 11, 2006

Five Years Ago...

It still hurts to think about and look back at such a terrible day... It doesn't seem like it's been only 5 years. I think a lot of us would rather forget... because of the pain involved. But I was glad that I forced myself to watch this morning. Especially when the 2nd plane hit the other tower. How often do you see that video footage anymore? They don't show it. I think if they did show it more frequently, we as a country wouldn't be so divided... that everything else wouldn't be so politicized... we wouldn't be democrat, republican, liberal, conservative... black, white, christian, or jew... we'd just be what everyone wants to be... AMERICANS! Or is that too much to ask...

2 comments:

Riccie said...

I ended up watching ABC's 'The Path to 9/11'. I watched the entire thing, both nights, and was riveted. I was bawling like a baby for the last forty-five minutes, and also deeply angry at the whole lot of them, Democrats and Republicans, for repeatedly dropping the ball on this one. 9/11/2001 was a defining day in my life: I don't think I will ever be able to think about it without so much emotion being stirred up. Nor do I think I'd want to.

Unknown said...

I'm with ya mik, they should show it more.

Casting Crowns huh? You dog ;) You gotta give me scoop on that one. Unffortunately I will be Camping, YES CAMPING. lol